About the Practice
Are you searching for a dentist that cares about your family's oral and overall health?
At Enlighten Dental, we utilize a holistic approach to perform dental procedures in a beautiful office.
Here's why families from all over the Americas travel to our Vancouver, BC, practice for their dentistry needs...
Founded over 40 Years Ago & Practicing General Dentistry With a Holistic Approach
Enlighten Dental in Vancouver, BC, was founded over 40 years ago and is drawing in patients from all over the Pacific Northwest and other parts of North America.
Dr. Sam Paulos and his team perform all types of dentistry with a holistic focus. Thanks to our comprehensive list of services and friendly office atmosphere, patients of all ages can get the care they need without ever leaving our Vancouver office.
Schedule an appointment today by contacting us online or calling:
To provide integrative care, to teach and transform, to have a holistic approach, and to work as a team.
Our Approach to General Dentistry
The body has the inherent ability to maintain optimum health in the presence of a functioning immune system, musculoskeletal system, circulatory system, hospitable internal environment, and adequate nutrition. The treatments we provide are designed to assist your body’s own natural healing ability. We will progress from focusing on structure, to function, to biochemistry, to the body’s electrical system, and finally to the emotions. We will not only treat your symptoms, but we will work with you to identify the root cause of your complaints.
You will learn about the perpetuating factors that are relevant to your situation, so you can prevent repeating negative patterns and move into a new state of well-being. Our care is not limited to your smile. We work closely with our medical partners to create custom treatment plans that help you maintain your overall health for many years to come.
Your role in the recovery of your health is of paramount importance. We believe our role as physicians is to educate you. The more you know about your body and your treatment, the more you can participate in restoring and maintaining health. We teach responsibility for your health, and promote awareness of our bodies and how we relate to this world. Therefore, we encourage you to take a strong interest in learning as much as you can and participating fully in all aspects of your recovery.
If you have questions, please bring them up during a consultation or call between visits to speak with us. We will be happy to show you the value of the dental services we offer. It is important that you follow the treatment protocols as they have been carefully planned for your individual requirements. If you are having trouble following a protocol, please discuss this with us.
What to Expect at Your Initial Consultation
First, we will conduct an initial consultation to gather information about your present and past health problems. Next, we implement a three-phase treatment plan that is tailored specifically to your needs. Treatment phases vary in length and approach depending on the individual situation.
One of our doctors will conduct your examination and health history review. We will explain your present condition, anticipated treatment plan, and associated fees. If necessary, another consultation will be scheduled.
Please prepare for the initial consultation as follows:
- Bring recent lab results (within 24 months) to your appointment.
- Carefully fill out the questionnaire before your initial appointment. Even small details are important to us. Mental and emotional aspects play a large role in your health. Please mention stresses in these areas.
- Refrain from wearing perfumes and colognes.
- Bring dental x-rays and any lab results from the last 12 months, if available.
We Use Selected Materials & Technology to Protect Our Patients & Their Smiles
Enlighten Dental uses biocompatibility testing to ensure that patients are not sensitive or allergic to any dental materials used in their treatment. We have spent the last several decades carefully selecting materials and finding ones that are universally compatible.
In addition to biocompatibility testing, our dentists use selected technology to perform treatment in the most precise, comfortable, and efficient manner. Our extensive list of technology includes:
- Computed tomography (CT) scanner to build high-resolution images of your teeth and jaws
- Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics (CEREC®) to create custom dental restorations in one office visit
- 3Shape TRIOS® Intraoral Scanner to collect digital impressions without messy putty
- Fotona LightWalker laser to perform soft and hard tissue treatments
- Piezosurgery tools to perform oral surgery in the most minimally invasive manner
- Ozone generator to perform ozone therapy during dental procedures
- Platelet-rich fibrin to promote faster healing after oral surgery
- Safe Mercury Amalgam Removal Technique (SMART) equipment to safely remove and replace metal fillings
- Zirconia dental implants to replace teeth with metal-free materials
- VELScope® to perform oral cancer screenings
- Invisalign® to help patients achieve straighter smiles in less time and with less discomfort
How We Help You Achieve Total Wellness In Three Phases
Each step of your care is performed with a holistic approach.
- Bone Graft
- Crown Lengthening
- Dental Bonding
- Dental Bridges
- Dental Crowns
- Dental Implants
- Implant-Supported Dentures
- Full Mouth Reconstruction
- Gum Disease Treatment
- Gum Surgery
- Inlays and Onlays
- Ozone Therapy
- Ridge Augmentation
- Safe Amalgam Removal
- Sinus Lift
- Smile Makeover
- Teeth in a Day
- Tooth Extraction
- Wisdom Tooth Removal
- Zirconia Dental Implants
See the Results for Yourself
Investing In Your Oral Health Can Save You Time & Money In the Future
Many patients delay visits to the dentist because they are afraid of costs. However, oral health is directly linked to overall health. When you invest in your dental care, you are really investing in your overall wellness and quality of life.
The goal of the holistic approach is to stabilize your oral and overall health so that you can avoid costly, extensive dental and medical care in the future. In this way, it can actually save you time, money, and emergency doctor visits in the future.